Aguirre & Fields, LP has an immediate opening in our Austin office for a Transportation Engineer with 4 to 7 years of experience (1 to 3 years as a licensed engineer) designing a broad range of road and highway projects in Texas. This position is responsible for roadway and highway design engineering for a wide variety of transportation related projects. Projects will include schematic development; urban and rural roadway design; freeway and interchange design; traffic and signalization design; bicycle and pedestrian facilities design; right-of-way coordination and management; and hydraulics and hydrology design. This position will include supporting minor and major roadway design tasks for large projects, leading roadway design tasks for smaller projects, as well as assisting with overall project development tasks. Candidate should have superior problem solving skills, and the ability to meet internal project delivery schedules and budgets.
Location: Austin, Texas
- Lead minor and major roadway design tasks on schematic and Plans, Specifications, and Estimates (PS&E) development for highway projects in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines
- Prepare design plan submittal packages at interim and final stages; prepare estimates, schedules, specifications, details and other PS&E elements
- Present new ideas and techniques to design team
- Assist multi-discipline design teams in project development and delivery
- Support Project Manager in adhering to project budget, schedule and scope; monitor quality control methods
- Attend design review meetings, interact and coordinate with clients
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Texas, active and in good standing with the Board
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in civil or transportation engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- 4 to 7 years of experience in roadway design and roadway PS&E development
- Experience designing roadway projects for TxDOT, and other cities and counties in Texas
- Strength in Microstation, GeoPak, InRoads, MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and scheduling software
- Experience in Hydraulic Modeling software; HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HY-8, Winstorm, Flowmaster, etc. preferred
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with all levels of employees in an organization
- Self-starter capable of competing tasks with minimal oversight with a high level of accuracy in work product, and ability to work in team environment for complex project delivery
- Ability to work overtime, if needed
- Ability to travel overnight (less than 10% of time), if needed
Please submit letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Aguirre & Fields, LP:
Since 1999, Aguirre & Fields has been providing clients with exceptional service, making us a leader in the transportation engineering industry. Aguirre & Fields is guided by a core set of values that not only leads to the success of our company, but the success of our clients as well. We care strongly about our employees and their families. We work hard at encouraging teamwork and character building. This effort helps promote good relationships in both the workplace and the family, and improves the physical, moral, and mental health of our employees. We believe that if our employees are happy, they produce work of the highest quality, which makes our clients happy as well.
Aguirre & Fields provides attractive benefits including group health insurance, dental insurance, life and disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan, employee training and continuing education opportunities.
Aguirre & Fields, LP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.