Position Title: CADD Technician/Designer
Aguirre & Fields, LP is seeking a CADD Technician/Designer specializing in Transportation Roadway and Structures with 3-5 years Microstation and/or Geopak plan production experience. The position requires the ability to develop and manage CADD drawings using client specific standards. CADD Technician/Designer will be required to prepare drawings and create details with specific CAD requirements and standards. Must be highly motivated and able to work effectively with CADD and engineering staff.
The primary duties with (occasional assistance from supervisor, engineers, or others) of the CADD Technician/Designer are: produces drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of engineering designs by hand or using computer-aided design software.
- Perform a variety of CADD tasks independently and with CADD Coordinator as assigned. Interact and communicate effectively and professionally with other team members and/or design teams in and across offices.
- Perform assigned documentation tasks with computer aided design tools (Microstation and Geopak).
- Deliver complete and accurate project design assignments within schedule parameters and in accordance with project guidelines.
- Manage computer file systems, understand file interrelationships and customize data with the individual files as needed or assigned.
- Ability to identify specific information from substantial amount of related data written information from such sources as legal property descriptions, reports, survey notes, manuals and specifications.
- Ability to read and understand the terminology and symbols used in Engineering sketches, survey notes, plans, shop drawings, aerial photographs, and maps to interpret data and information for use in designing construction plans and maps.
- Ability to accurately transfer information in numerical, written, sketched, or electronic format from sources such as legal descriptions, survey data, aerial photographs, and computer files to final plans and maps.
- Ability to visualize and illustrate concept or design in two or three dimensions.
- Follows and ensures quality control procedures.
- Identifies errors, problems, or non-standard situations and suggests alternatives.
- Develops and implements custom automated drafting and design procedures under supervision.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious, career oriented professional who excels in a team environment, but is also able to work independently. Our company prides itself on building and retaining a high caliber staff to continually meet client expectations.
- HS or GED, plus 1-2 years technical school or Associate of Science, or 3+ years of experience in Microstation drafting/design as it relates to various engineering projects.
- Capable of producing graphics to be used in engineering plans, reports, and documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work independently as a self-motivator.
- Able to take direction from engineering staff.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our company culture is a must.
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is very limited exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Applicant must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach vertically for overhead use as well as horizontally. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate Degree from technical school in civil design or drafting.
- Strong experience with Bentley Geopak and Axiom Office Importer.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office.
- TXDOT Roadway, Structures, and Geopak experience is preferred.
Primary Location: United States - Houston or Austin
Employee Status: Regular
Since 1999, Aguirre & Fields has been providing clients with exceptional service, making us a leader in the transportation engineering industry. Aguirre & Fields is guided by a core set of values that not only leads to the success of our company, but the success of our clients as well. We care strongly about our employees and their families. We work hard at encouraging teamwork and character building. This effort helps promote good relationships in both the workplace and the family, and improves the physical, moral, and mental health of our employees. We believe that if our employees are happy, they produce work of the highest quality, which makes our clients happy as well. Aguirre & Fields provides attractive benefits including group health insurance, dental insurance, life and disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan. Employee training and continuing education opportunities.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to: Info@aguirre-fields.com
Aguirre & Fields, LP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.