Construction Inspector II
Aguirre & Fields, LP is seeking Construction Inspector II candidates for various locations across Texas. Applicants should have experience in construction inspection with an emphasis on transportation projects. This position requires basic familiarity with a broad spectrum of materials, methods, and procedures used in the construction of transportation projects. The Construction Inspector II will receive supervision and support from one or more senior field inspectors.
Location: Statewide across Texas
- 2-7 years of construction inspection experience, to include roadway (earthwork, subgrade, base, concrete and asphalt pavement, drainage, lighting, guardrail and striping for rehabilitation/new) and/or bridge (drilled shafts, driven piles, reinforcing steel, structural concrete, and bridge decks) elements
- Appreciable knowledge of TxDOT construction specifications and standard drawings
- Appreciable knowledge of construction materials, methods and procedures; ability to maintain field and office records; ability to perform complex quantity and engineering computations; ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
- Ability to perform field inspections and materials sampling/testing, to verify the quality of work performed and materials used for conformance with the contract, plans, and specifications
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, plans and project documents
- Ability to document deficiencies and deviations from plans
- Ability to provide general office administration and preparing a daily work report
- Ability to recognize that a problem exists in their area(s) of responsibility, report on the problem, and receive direction from their supervisor
- Ability to determine the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with contractors, clients and staff
- Familiar with a personal computer and iPad functions and uses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license and driving record in good standing
- Will be expected to work hours other than M-F 8-5 and possibly in inclement weather
- Must be able to stand/sit/walk and lift up to 40 lbs to perform required duties
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in a relevant field
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- ACI Grade I certification
- HMAC Level IB certification
- TxDOT ENV 103 and ENV 300 certifications
About Aguirre & Fields, LP:
A statewide leader in engineering services, Aguirre & Fields, LP is known for its specialization in transportation engineering and planning across the state of Texas and Oklahoma. Aguirre & Fields, LP is a privately owned, multi-disciplined engineering firm with a unique balance of public and private sector experience.
Our professionals are committed to the highest standard of quality and customer service. Our team takes pride in its staff and is guided by a set of core values. We care strongly about our employees and their families. We work hard at encouraging teamwork and character building. This effort helps promote good relationships in both the workplace and the family, and improves the physical, moral, and mental health of our employees. We believe that if our employees are happy, they produce work of the highest quality. This generates happy clients and repeat business for our firm.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aguirre & Fields, LP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.